The village of Collier Street is nestled between Yalding and Laddingford and is set in a rural location. Larger towns such as Paddock Wood and Maidstone, offering local shops and other amenities are also within easy reach. Our collection of new homes in Collier Street are perfectly placed to enjoy all that this desirable area has to offer.
Historically, the village was situated in the middle of a hop-growing region. Its population swelled during the harvest as whole families, often from South-East London, arrived to help bring in the hops. Today the fields are home to pears, strawberries and raspberries but the area is known more for its apple orchards - Collier Street has been colloquially known as 'The village in an orchard'. Some of the old hoppers' huts can still be found amongst the local orchards, fields and gardens.
- The Chequers Pub
- The Woolpack Pub
- The Boathouse Pub
- The Hop Farm Country Park
- Claygate Lakes
- St Mary's Church of England Primary School
- St Margaret's Church of England Primary School
- Hunton Church of England Primary School
- St Peter and St Paul Church of England Primary School
- The Quest School
- Mascalls Academy Secondary School
- Beltring train station
- Paddock Wood train station
- Marden train station