Dandara's The Oaks development on Yelnow Lane, Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire has seen a spike in buyers over the past months with second steppers and downsizers alike looking to keep their bills down – and there is now just one home remaining.
There is just one three bedroom home remaining, The Frogmore. Homes at the development take a number of energy efficient features into account including:
· Using the latest highest efficiency SEDBUK A -rated condensing boilers.
· Using low heat-loss hot water cylinders which ensure water stays hotter for longer.
· Wastewater heat recovery used on some homes which means the heat energy contained in the water which would normally be drained out of your home is instead recovered, helping to reduce the energy used to provide hot water.
· Energy efficient light bulbs used to reduce lighting electricity consumption.
· Kitchens and bathrooms designed with water saving features and fittings, helping save litres of water a day per person.
· Some homes fitted with Photovoltaic panels to generate electricity for the home to help in reducing the electricity bill.
· Native planting and the installation of bat and bird boxes throughout the development helps to assist in the creation of natural habitat and biodiversity.
Thanks to these features, the homes benefit from a B EPC rating meaning buyers could save an average of £435 a year on energy bills, with the biggest savings on heating bills - which are on average 59% cheaper on a new build compared to existing homes.*
Rachel Lindop, Head of Sales at Dandara Northern Home Counties, said: “We’ve had more enquiries than ever before referring to energy efficiency in the last year than I’ve seen in my entire career – and this is only growing in importance with the rebate scheme coming to an end in a few months. Buyers are savvier than ever when it comes to ensuring keeping their bills as low as possible because of the energy crisis.
“As a result, we now offer energy bill contribution amongst other packages at our The Oaks development – it really is making the difference to buyers, and I think it has definitely played a part in our development now being almost sold out.”
The last remaining plot is the three bedroom The Frogmore priced at £410,000. Buyers who reserve this home will receive upgraded kitchen frontals, carpet and Amtico flooring throughout, turf to the rear garden, a shower package and a dishwasher.