Spring is a fantastic time of the year to move house for several reasons:
1) The weather is perfect in Spring! (Not too cold, not too hot) - Choosing paint colours and decorations in good sunlight is ideal. With all that natural light it’s easier to choose between shades of paint and their tones whether it’s warm or cool. Warm colours typically have orange, yellow, or red tones, and they promote a cosy, welcoming space. Whereas cool colours have tones that are green, blue, or purple and they tend to make your space feel crisp and fresh.
2) Spring clean – when you’re feeling your best / good vibes, birds chirping, flowers blooming. There’s nothing better than completing the tasks you’ve been neglecting; Spring opens that door, allowing you to get more done and feel good while doing so. Filling your home with potted plants will make your house smell good and look beautiful too.
3) Longer days filling you with energy for the move, more daylight to get things done! The sun has been proven to stimulate the hormones serotonin and dopamine, which increases our overall happiness. You’ll feel more confident, energised, and ready to tackle any big project that comes your way! What Are the Benefits of Sunlight? (healthline.com)
4) Plenty of time to plant your new garden for a summer of flowers, fresh veg and fruit - The whole summer ahead to enjoy your garden and show off your new home. By the time summer rolls around you can have a fresh full garden of produce, making you feel accomplished but also fully aware of what goes into the veg/fruit you eat. Your body and mind will thank you later.
5) New beginnings – clear out the old to bring in the new. Spring is a great time to declutter and remove any stagnant energy that no longer serves you. It’s so important too because it’s a physical tether to your emotional needs. Not only does your mind track where everything is in your physical environment, but there’s also an emotional residue associated with every item in your life.
6) The most popular times to move are during the months of June, July and August because kids are usually on summer break. This means Springtime is the perfect time to move as fewer people will be doing so. Plus, if you have kids of your own, they will also be in school, so you won’t have to worry about them while you get everything in order.
7) Driving is considerably safer and easier in Spring because the roads are no longer coated in snow, ice or sleet. There isn't much traffic at that time of year, thus there won't be any traffic jams. When you’re in the midst of moving your belongings back and forth it’s always good to be extra safe especially when you might be doing multiple trips.
8) Studies have shown that you’re more likely to sell your home faster and for a higher price in the spring months. If you want to buy a new property, it's best to sign a contract in the spring to give yourself enough time to settle down until the summer. Also, spring homes probably look much more attractive all year round than at any other time-a tidy welcome after a spring cleaning, surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful flowers. The combination of these factors will increase your results in an increased opportunity to sell your home quickly and at a great price.